Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spring Fever!!!

Hi Everyone,

Yes I am still alive and kicking, sorry it has been a long winter for me! With college now behind me and the hope of a new future, I am looking forward to hitting the streams next month. I also plan on hitting the beach as well being that I missed half the fall striper run courtesy of hurricane Sandy.

Looks like the rivers are in fair shape albeit they can use a couple of shots or rain. I prefer my spring opener to be a little on the high water side rather then starting off with low water.

I'm not sure I will be out opening day yet as I have a wedding to attend in the afternoon, I will certainly be out the following day for sure!

I hope everyone is well and look forward to getting some fish pics up as soon as possible.

Thanks
Tommy

3 comments:

  1. I was a Ramapo river last Saturday. It is a sad river empty river. I was in Halifax rd with probably 20 more people and nobody catch anything. The only area with trouts was in Ramapo Reservation. Under the bridge looked like a bowl filled with trouts... Ramapo is a dead river, not trouts, not fish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you had a bad day, but it usually gets better from here especially if we get a shot of rain from time to time. I have fished this river for over 35 years and I can assure you it is not dead. I try to stay away from all the convienient spots and move away from the crowds. Also fishing tends to pickup more towards the end of April and into May as the opening day crowds die down... Their are plenty of other places to fish as well. I like to head out west to the Paulinskill or the Flatbrook and Musconnecton Rivers from time to time. They are definetly worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tommype5 for the feedback about other places to go fishing... I will check Paulinskill and the Flatbrook.

    Thanks and happy fishing..

    ReplyDelete