Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Bits and Pieces 4/30/2014

Hi Folks,

Its been a kind of dismal week for fishing with rain and cooler temps putting a slow down on some of my fishing days. I did fish the Ramapo last Tuesday and caught two Rainbow Trout in the river and 5 fair sized Pickerel in the pond. Since then I have not been back and this weeks rain will certainly keep the people away... Last I checked the Ramapo is flowing at over 1100 CFS and is up over the banks so that should pretty well keep folks away for a bit.

I fished Connecticut's Shetucket River on Saturday and had three nice trout investigate my lures but no takers. I found a feed stream and caught a native Brown Trout about 7 inches long. Again it was rainy and cool all day.

On Sunday I fished up at Bigelow Hollow State Park with my Tracy and caught 1 Brown Trout and an 8 inch bass out of the pond their. I must say that is one of the most beautiful natural areas in Connecticut and a great place to kayak and picnic.

This Friday I hope to drop a line down in South Jersey before I start making house calls to my clients. I hope to have more to report then... Stay tuned!

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment