Sunday, May 13, 2012

Friday, May 11th Good Fishing Again

     Hi Folks, yet another good day of fishing on the Ramapo with Tracy. We started out by the 287 bridge on the Mahwah side and found plenty of trout. We caught several browns and a nice rainbow there
     Next stop was the Reservation and with a little work we found several more fish mostly browns. Tracy caught 8 total and I caught 9.
     We took 4 fish home for the dinner table yesterday and they were yummy. I dont usually keep em but one got gill hooked and left me with no choice but to keep it. Of course you cant go home with one so I kept the next three fish we caught. Everything else was catch and release.
     With the weekly rains, the rivers have stayed nice and healthy and so the fishing will continue. I hope I can keep this up into June again this year and so far thats looking good.

4 comments:

  1. I was in the Reservation last Friday early mourning and catch four trouts. I saw a giant Snapper Turtle resting in the shore next to the river in The Reservation. I believe that with the fishing license you are to catch two per day.
    I was surprise to find out that there are Yellow Perch in Ramapo. Two anglers show me two "Yellow Perch" that they catch in the river..... I have never seeing Yellow Perch before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen some monster turtles up there myself too. As for the yellow perch, I've come across them from time to time especially in the slower sections of the river. They are beautiful fish! A bit too bony for my taste though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited the Ramapo yesterday May 16, 2012. While I was fishing an angler fishing next to me caught a 25 inches rainbow that I measured myself... The fish was beautiful, big, and fat..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe the State of NJ should closed Ramapo river from fishing for one or two years to let a different fishes species grow there. Why? Because if you do not catch a stocked trout, its difficult to catch another type of fish.

    ReplyDelete