Saturday, May 4, 2013

Blues Blues Blues!!! 5/3/2013

Hi Folks,

Bluefish caught near Mystic Beach
Yesterday I had to work down in Little Egg Harbor and somehow between computer servicing I managed to pull off an hour or so of fishing!

I heard the bluefish were in thick and I figured I would give it a go.

After a brief stop at the famed Scott's Bait -n- Tackle to pick up a frozen mackerel, I headed down to the end of Radio Road to Mystic Beach. 

It was the last hour of incoming tide with a stiff 20kt wind coming out of the east. Within a few minutes of my first cast I had the first bluefish on and landed it. I got bite after bite and landed three more and lost several others. All the fish were in the 2lb range which are perfect eating size! It was a great hour of fishing!

As with all good things it had to end as work beckoned once again. I packed my gear and headed back to Scotty's to go filet some fish.

It was a nice break from the trout streams however I will be back at it I'm sure next week!

Til then stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment