Sunday, June 5, 2011

Had to work for 'em today on the Salmon River Ct.

Connecticut trout fishing report 6/5/11: It could not have been a more beautiful day here in Colchester Ct. Today was somewhat overcast with temperatures hovering in the high 60's and coming off a cool night made the water temperature perfect for catch and release. With spring stocking complete we had to walk off the beaten path and hunt our quarry were few have troden. Seemed like rainbow trout were the domninant catch today, Tracy caught 2 rainbows and I caught 3 with a smattering of salmon parr once again.

I've got just a couple of more trout fishing trips planned as rain seems to be alluding us once again. I hope to get up to the Ramapo in Jersey once more during the week, and Thursday night Tracy and I are heading up to Trout Town USA! (Roscoe NY) for a one time appearance at the Beaverkill. Also planned for next week is a saltwater trip out on Long Island Sound aboard the Shamrock with my buddy Mike.

Stay tuned for more fun and adventures. I will be sure to take lots of pictures next time around.

1 comment:

  1. Those fish were ridiculous...what were they thinking to pass up a slimy, wiggly, fat worm?!! I don't even think they're real fish...probably imposters!! >:[

    ReplyDelete