Saturday, June 4, 2011

Riffles, Sniffles, Salmon and Trout

Connecticut Trout Fishing Report 6/4/11: Well the title tells it all! I am suffering from allergies like never before. With a runny nose and water itchy eyes, I still managed to don my waders and head to the river. That is the the Salmon River here in Connecticut. We only had an hour or two to fish before darkness set in but we made the best of it. Tracy caught a nice brown to start the evening and I caught an 8 inch native brookie and a brown. Also plentiful tonight were the Salmon Parr. They were chomping the roostertail and just about anything else they could latch onto.

I should've had the fly rod out tonight as the caddis hatch was just insane with fish rising to the occasion. Also about were some sulfers, cahils, a few little green stoneflies and some slate drakes. Seemed like the caddis were the main attraction for the fish. Oh well I will try the fly rod tommorrow we shall see what happens!

1 comment:

  1. "Neither rain, sleet nor hail the mail must go..."~ Pony Express "Neither watery eyes, snot, nor Hell the man must fish"~ Puzino Creed ;D

    ReplyDelete