Monday, June 6, 2011

Last trip on the Ramapo for spring trout fishing?

New Jersey trout fishing report 6/6/11: Well folks I think today was it for me on the Ramapo barring another rain event big enough to fill and cool the stream down. There are plenty of trout around still however you can see the effects of the warmer water temps starting to take a toll. It seemed that revival time was a little longer and the fish seemed generally more stressed after catching. But if today was the last trip then a hell of a trip it was ending the day releasing 7 trout, 4 browns and 3 rainbows.

I think the final overall round of trout fishing for spring will be on Friday up in Roscoe with Tracy. I can hardly wait! Til then keep a tight line as some anglers would say.

1 comment:

  1. Me too! Even if I don't catch one tiny little fish, I'm going to have a blast just watching them rise and jump out of the water for those delicious insects! (acccording to the trout, no personal knowledge here) ;D TAP

    ReplyDelete