Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 3 Trout Season, Solo Run on the Ramapo

     So today after work, I grabbed my gear and took off for the streams again. Once again I fished the Ramapo this time up near the 287 Bridge on the Mahwah side. I didn't have high expectations but was pleasantly surprised at the number of trout I caught. In a matter of 2 and 1/2 hours I brought 12 brook trout to the net and of course released them. The big thrill of the day was when I hooked a monster trout probably about a 17 or 18 incher and lost it just shy of the net. That would've made for a nice photo but I will have to settle for the typical sized fish pictured below. By fish number 12 I figured that I had had enough and decided to try another spot near the reservation just to see if I could scare something up... Nodda!
     Bait of choice today was worms and a white roostertail. I got 6 on worms and the other six on the roostertail. All in all not a bad day of fishing.
     Still trying to perfect my raindance but dont know if I got it right or not, time will tell! The only thing missing today was my Tracy she makes a good day of fishing into a great day of fishing!

2 comments: