Friday, April 27, 2012

Cold and Dismal: Week 4 Ramapo River


     Today was just awful for fishing! With temperatures in the mid 50's and 20 to 25mph winds, it was downright uncomfortable to be out on the river. It seemed that the fish weren't too happy with it either as we got nary a bite!
     What struck me today was the amount of drug baggies I found along the river bank from Mahwah all the way to Oakland. I found bags with residual marijuana as well as white powder and rock fragments. Also one or two syringes. I know this has always been a problem but I have never seen it so vividly while trout fishing.
      I will never understand what drives humanity to poison themselves with illegal drugs. I can only say this to those who do. Open your eyes, there is more to life then a chemical high. God Bless you and God help you make the right choice in life.   ....AND STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MY TROUT STREAMS cause I'm getting tired of seeing this SHIT! You can at least be kind and properly dispose of your residue especially your syringes! We don't need some bouncing little kid pricking themself with your filthy disease pack'n needles!

2 comments:

  1. I was in Ramapo April 27, 2012 too. Well, I lost one trout and another fish cut my line..........
    Very sad that you found bags with residual marijuana, white powder, rock fragments, and two syringes. The police department may want to patrol this river most often.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not happy to see that at all. I will be keeping records of where I consistently find things like that and report it to the police periodically.

      Delete