Sunday, April 14, 2013

Denied! Trout Season yet to open in CT.

Hi Folks,

Natchaug River at Natchaug State Forrest
So I thought I would be trout fishing in Connecticut today however I was in for a rude awakening. The season is not open until next week! Yep apparently trout season opens the third Saturday in April every year. I guess I missed that the first year I fished these parts as I must've got started in May.  Oh well thats how the cookie crumbles!
 
Anyway I went on a scouting mission yesterday and came up with some really pretty areas along the Natchaug River and I am preparing my plans for next weekend.
 
Connecticut has some of the best trout streams I have fished thus far on the east coast. The Farmington River is the by far the most popular however there are many others that are just calling out to me to be fished. Two years ago I fished the Salmon River and the Eight Mile River both producing plenty of trout with many good sized fish coming out of the Salmon River.
 
This week I will be back in Jersey and of course will be hitting the Ramapo again hopefully with some better results then my previous trips.
 
Til then
Stay Tuned

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear that...

    Hi,

    Do you know a good place in North Jersey where I can go and shore fishing healthy (good for eating) canal catfish?

    Yellow perch and crappies?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm.. Lake Waywayanda in Passaic County comes to mind as one of my first choices. Its a state park and the water quality is excellent. For Channel Cats I think the best place would be for them is the Deleware River.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tommype5 for the information..

    ReplyDelete