Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Lake Waywayanda 4/16/2013

Hey Everyone,

First off, I would like to begin by saying that my prayers are with the people of Boston in lieu of the horrific and senseless act of violence that has killed and maimed innocent people. I will never quite understand why some people on this planet think that killing innocent civilians is going to lead to some kind of reward. May the victims find comfort and the culprits find hell!

Anyway that aside, I took a break from the Ramapo today and headed out to Lake Waywayanda this afternoon. It was cool and breezy with partly cloudy skies. As soon as I arrived I noticed fish rising occasionally along the shore line to the right of the boat launch area. This lake is trout stocked and they like to stay along the shore by the swimming beach and the docks.

I began using a Roostertail and after a few casts I landed a 9 inch brown trout. About three casts later a very large bass pursued and lunged after my lure and I promptly jerked it away from the hungry big mouth! I did not want to fight a 3 to 4 pound bass on my ultralite as that may have rendered my line a stretched pigtailed mess.

I landed two more browns for a total of three and called it a day. It was a nice change of pace and it did not require waders or a boat.

I'm probably gonna give it a rest for the next couple of days until I get back up to Connecticut this weekend for their trout season opener.

Til then
See ya
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment