Friday, May 27, 2011

Another Gorgeous Day Fishing the Ramapo

New Jersey trout fishing report 5/27/2011: Well folks as far days go it couldnt get better than this for this time of year. With the Ramapo River running somewhat cool and the air plenty warm,wading in the water was the perfect activity to stay comfortable. Tracy and I fished a good eight hours today and found fish in three different locations. We started out by the RR bridge in Oakland  and worked our way up to the 287 bridge, followed by the Area below the Mahwah 287 bridge. We found a smattering of fish everywhere with Tracy and I releasing a grand total of  16 trout. Tracy had 2 rainbows 2 browns and a brookie, while I had 4 rainbows, 5 browns and 2 brookies.

Tracy caught a nice 14 inch rainbow to which is photographed below and I got a chunky 12 incher below that.



It has been one hell of a season and having Tracy along is just a dream come true. I never in a million years thought I would find a girl who would enjoy trout fishing as much as I do.

Anyway I hope to get a couple more trips before the river temperatures come up to much as to not stress and kill the fish. So keep an eye on your stream thermometers before you head out if you plan to catch and release.

There is a known problem with the comments posting element with blogger that is making it difficult to post comments. Please use the drop down list and select "name".  Also ignore the URL section. You may have to try a couple times to be successful.

4 comments:

  1. It has been one hell of a season and having Tracy along is just a dream come true. I never in a million years thought I would find a girl who would enjoy trout fishing as much as I do.

    THANK YOU TOM! :) I HAD A FINTASTIC DAY CATCHING TROUT WIHT YOU AND I'M SO HAPPY I FOUND A GUY WHO LOVES THE MALL JUST AS MUCH AS I DO!!! WINK WINK ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINTASTIC!!!....LOL ...THE MALL LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is queerer than you two??????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, please tell me where you go to fish at the Ramapo River. Where is the entrance? What road do I take? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete