Saturday, May 7, 2011

New Jersey Trout Fishing: Ramapo River with Tracy

New Jersey Fishing Report 5/7/2011: Hi folks! Today I got out with my sweetheart and newest fishing partner Tracy. We fished the Ramapo River by the Ramapo Reservation in Mahwah, NJ. I suspect the fish got pounded a bit today as catching was not quite as good as the begining of the week. Still though with a little work Tracy managed 2 rainbows and I took 3 rainbows and a brookie. Those fish were reluctant as hell to take a worm however the brown roostertail made a suitable alternative today as most of the catch was taken on that lure.

Cudos to Tracy for being a fast learner and finding the joy that I do in fishing for trout. I will probably have another go at the Salmon River on Monday as I will be taking Tracy home tomorrow night. I think this time it will be all fly rod fishing for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love to trout fish with you!! It is even more fun and addicting than I thought it would be :) I must get my CT license,finish these term papers, and get a line in those trophy trout waters! Love to see you catch'em even when I can't!! :D

    ReplyDelete