Wednesday, May 4, 2011

New Jersey Trout Fishing at the Ramapo River

I've have fished the Ramapo River from the NY State line to Oakland, NJ for over 30 years. The Ramapo offers some of the finest trout fishing in the north eastern part of the state. With a variety of pools, runs and bends this river has plenty of good water to fish. Spring and fall are best especially if the water temps stay down and there is a decent amount of rain.

Fishing Report 5/02/11: This Monday I took my girlfriend Tracy fishing and she managed to catch (and released) 4 rainbow trout and 2 brook trout. I caught (and also released) 4 rainbows and 1 brookie although one of my rainbows measured 17 inches and must've gone 3 pounds. We used mostly night crawlers and roostertails to catch them on. We fished behind the Oakland Recreational Complex and just upstream of Halifax Rd. Here is a photo of the big one however due to the limits of my cell phone camera my head is missing!



Fishing Report 5/03/11: Tuesday I fished solo and managed 15 rainbows and 5 brookies. It was a hell of a day fishing as well as just being a nice spring day. I fished the Ramapo Reservation and behind the Oakland Recreational Complex to put together this catch. All were caught on night crawlers.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Hottie, its my first one! I have lost my blog virginity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand, I have lost my trout fishing virginity too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Baby for deleting your head in the pic :( It was your head or the fish's tail,but I can witness it was definetely you catching that big guy! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete