Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Beautiful Day on the Ramapo River

New Jersey Trout Fishing Report 05/10/11: Went fishing today with Dave at the Glen Gray stretch of the Ramapo River on what amounted to a gorgeous spring day. Water levels are dropping and it was clear that this section was hard fished. Still though with a little work and coaxing we managed to put together a fair catch of trout. By the end of the afternoon Dave had 4 trout, 2 brookies a rainbow and a brown, and I had 2 rainbows and a brookie. After Dave quit for the day I headed behind the Oakland Recreational Complex and fished above the railroad bridge where I came up with 2 browns to end the day with 5 total.

All rivers by now can use a shot of rain so do what ever dance you can do or cast whatever majic you could cast to bring on the wet stuff! I'll be fishing some more come Friday so stay tuned for the next adventure!

2 comments:

  1. I'm dancing, dancing, dancing!! Bring on the rain, my feet are getting tired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dance those feet over to my back!

    ReplyDelete