Sunday, May 15, 2011

Shoreline Fishing at Round Valley

New Jersey Trout Fishing Report 05/14/2011: Tried like hell yesterday to get something out of Round Valley Reservoir but just couldnt find a connection. Tracy and I casted Rapalas, Roostertails, Gulp Worms and Salted Minnows until the rain soaked us to the bones and our arms ached without one damn bite! Oh well next time I will have the canoe with me so we can cover more water.

It wasnt a total loss though as I had the camera with me and saw some birds to keep me busy like this praire warbler pictured below although not worthy of a flickr upload it still is neat to see.


Also spotted was some pine warblers like this one:


Back to the fishing, I am happy to see some rain today as the streams needed it. Looks like we may get plenty more so with a little luck trout fishing will stay good for another few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment